 Robotics / Micro Scout / 11
10  |  12
Subject:
Droid Developer Kit worthwhile?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.microscout
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:40:27 GMT

I just received some extra money and now have $110 to spend on Lego sets and
pieces.  I'm looking to get something new and was wondering what users thought
of the DDK and how it compares to other MindStorms sets.  I realize the RIS is
probably the nicest set of them all, and rightfully so at twice the price of
the unit of interest here.

I'm wondering what sort of things I can do with this.  What are the "7 built-
in programs" designed to do?  How's this set as far as expansion goes?  I'm
just wondering if I'd be better off buying a motor kit (8375) and maybe some
pneumatics to add some new motion and function to any of my sets, or even
making new sets out of these new pieces.

Dan