 Robotics / Handy Board / 8449
  Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to finally begin assembly of my HB and I have a question regarding the "necessary" tools for this. In the assembly guide, the last tool it states as needed is a Logic Probe or Oscilloscope. I've used O-scopes before but (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Hi Scott, I assembled three 6.270 boards (kind of grandpa of handyboard) some month ago and didn't need an Oscilloscope or a Logic Probe. I guess you'll only need such things if you run into trouble with getting started with your handyboard. So, try (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Thanks for the info Rainer. I ended up picking up a Logic Probe from Radio Shack as it was only $18. Even if its not top of the line, it should work plenty fine for this job (and more later). If I get more serious about building these kits and the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

(...) To all those looking for cheap scopes: Check out www.picotech.com PC-based scopes. (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)