 Robotics / Handy Board / 8205
Re: Sharp GP2D12 and Expansion Board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:28:17 GMT

I tried replacing the MUX...that wasn't it.

I just noticed that I can read analog(19) through analog(16) but I can't
read analog(19) directly...must be an address problem....the question is
where.

"Robin Chahal" <rchahal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Get a load of this...

I have 2 handyboards and 2 expansion boards.  I cut the traces to the pull
up resistors for analog port 0 on both boards.  One handyboard/expansion
board worked perfectly with the Sharp GP2D12 analog IR range finder.  With
the other one, the GP2D12 worked on analog(0) and analog(16) but on no • other
analog ports.

Experiment:
I tried swaping the expansion boards to see what would happen.  On both
handyboard/expansion boards the GP2D12 worked on analog(0) and analog(16)
but no other ports.  Very odd???  I swapped the boards back and the same
problem.

I'm guessing I must have dammaged the second expansion board in some weird
way when I swapped them the first time.

Any ideas???