 Robotics / Handy Board / 8211
Re: Sharp GP2D12 and Expansion Board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:33:57 GMT

I've identified the problem a little more but still no idea how to fix it.

Analog ports 24 to 31 on the expansion board do not work at all.

Analog port 16 on the expansion board works perfectly.

If I gound the input to any of analog ports 16 to 23 on the expansion board
I get the value 0 from the commands _exp_analog(16) and _exp_analog(24).

If I try to read any of the analog ports 17 to 23 I get the vallue 250 no
matter what.

I have tried changing all the chips on the board.

Any ideas????

I really don't know where to start.

"Robin Chahal" <rchahal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Get a load of this...

I have 2 handyboards and 2 expansion boards.  I cut the traces to the pull
up resistors for analog port 0 on both boards.  One handyboard/expansion
board worked perfectly with the Sharp GP2D12 analog IR range finder.  With
the other one, the GP2D12 worked on analog(0) and analog(16) but on no • other
analog ports.

Experiment:
I tried swaping the expansion boards to see what would happen.  On both
handyboard/expansion boards the GP2D12 worked on analog(0) and analog(16)
but no other ports.  Very odd???  I swapped the boards back and the same
problem.

I'm guessing I must have dammaged the second expansion board in some weird
way when I swapped them the first time.

Any ideas???