 Robotics / Handy Board / 8206
8205  |  8207
Subject:
Autonomous Robotics Egg Hunt live webcast *TODAY*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:45:38 GMT

     Today (Sunday, 10 December 2000) is the public Egg Hunt competition
for my Autonomous Robotics class at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU).
This semester we are again on location at the Great Lakes Science Center
in downtown Cleveland, Ohio.  There will be a live webcast of the Egg Hunt
from 12:30-15:00 Eastern Standard Time (though we hope to be on the air in
test mode before that, and the competition may run past 15:00).  Go to

     http://legocam.cwru.edu/

and click on Cambot to get the webcast.  RealPlayer 8 Basic (free) is
required to view the webcast.  There is a link to the download area of
real.com on legocam.

     We use MIT 6.270 boards for our student robots, though my Cambot (with
onboard color TV camera and transmitter) uses a Handy Board.  Complete info
about the Autonomous Robotics course can be found at

     http://www.eecs.cwru.edu/courses/lego375/

(There is a back link to the course webpage on legocam as well.)

     If you want to try out the webcam feed, it's live now in our robot lab,
but it will likely be taken down around 9:30 Eastern Standard Time and packed
for transport.

     Hope you can tune in!  Please let me know of any technical or perform-
ance problems.

     *Rich*