 Robotics / Handy Board / 7677
Re: InterActive C 3.2 or Interactive C 2.8 freeware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:59:07 GMT

Thorbjoern Joergensen wrote:
What is the differences between the two programs?

Just try printf("\n %f",4.1/4.1); and see the surprising result
with the free version (2.). You should be really careful, when
using floating point operations, 'cause there seem to be loads
of these errors.

I am not sure, if this problem is solved with the commercial
version, because I haven't got a response from Newton Labs yet.
I think so, because the problem is based on the pcoder on the
Handyboard and this has to be replaced when using the commercial
version.

An advantage of the free version is, that it is possible to use
Julian Skidmores Smooth power routines, which support 100 power
levels and not just 7. Using two Lego-Power-Gear-Motors, this seems
to be essential for a reliable control.

I am not sure, if the commercial version does support this feature
(no response from newton labs, either).

Hope this helps.
Dirk

   Dirk Stueker      Zietenstr. 36      26131 Oldenburg        Germany
   Department of Computer Science              University of Oldenburg
   Tel. & Fax: +49 / 441 / 5 39 35
Home-P: http://condor.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/stueker
E-Mail: dirk@stueker-online.de