 Robotics / Handy Board / 7678
7677  |  7679
Subject:
Rebuilding Pcoder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:14:03 GMT

Hi,
has anybody ever manage to rebuild a pcoder, using Kent Farnsworth's
routines? I just tried, but I am usure about the compiler switches.
Next to the startbutton I found the remark "rev. 1.2A", Kent just
mentioned REV2 or REV 2.1 board. Furthermore he talked about a
strip_cr.exe
utility, but I do not know, when to use it (before compiling, after
compiling,
before downloading ?!?). Even worse, Kent's email address is not working
any more.

Anyway, I tried different switches, the only success was a pcoder, which
chrashed after displaying the Version-Message.

As I stated a few times before in this newsgroup, the free pcoder 2.81
and also
Julian Skidmores replacement 2.82 do have floating point problems which
I want to
solve by rebuilding the pcoder with a new math library.

For this purpose I am just searching for the easiest way to do so, it
does not matter
if I have to do this with Windows / DOS or Linux. So if anybody has
experiences to
this matter, please help.

Any help is really appreciated!

Dirk
   Dirk Stueker      Zietenstr. 36      26131 Oldenburg        Germany
   Department of Computer Science              University of Oldenburg
   Tel. & Fax: +49 / 441 / 5 39 35
Home-P: http://condor.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/stueker
E-Mail: dirk@stueker-online.de