 Robotics / Handy Board / 7662
Re: InterActive C 3.2 or Interactive C 2.8 freeware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:22:00 GMT

The commercial version of IC offers the ability to declare multidimesional
arrarys (with freeware, you only can use single dimensiond arrays), commercial
IC allows #includes, and the user interface is somewhat more robust, making
debugging more straight forward.  However, the freeware version is very capable
as it is, and should present no real obstacles to your programming.

I have used both packages for several years, and personally I prefer the
commercial package for the few extra features it contains.  If you decide to
start with the freeware, you can upgrade to the commercial package later since
your IC programs developed with freeware will be upward compatable.

Good luck,

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Thorbjoern Joergensen wrote:

Hello Handyboard users and helpers,

We are a group of new Handyboard users from Denmark. We are building a non
commercial autonomus mobile robot (Programmed via PC)for a competition at a
university.
We need to know wether we can do with the Interactive C freeware version for
this purpose or we definitely need to invest in the commercial Interactive C
v3.2 from Newton Labs?
What is the differences between the two programs?

Sincerely,

Thorbjoern

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii