 Robotics / Handy Board / 7544
    Can I interface the Handy board to a PC to run there the robot's brain? —Julian Fernandez
   Hi, I am new on this, and I am not sure if can use the handy board to get the data from the sensors or to send the motor commands, but to send the data to a PC in order to process them, i.e., to run the program that controls the robot in a pc, in (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Can I interface the Handy board to a PC to run there the robot's brain? —Gary Livick
     First, try this: (URL) that won't do it for you, and you can get I/O control over your PC, you can use the SPI port at J6 for some very fast transfers. There are people who have interfaced RF links to various boards, but the task does not appear (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Can I interface the Handy board to a PC to run there the robot's brain? —Curt Mills, WE7U
     (...) There are many applications where Interactive C won't work, some involving lack of memory, and some involving speed of execution. I ended up needing to switch compilers for both reasons, but mostly because of the speed. I do a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Can I interface the Handy board to a PC to run there the robot's brain? —Dirk Stueker
   (...) Another source for a RF interface: www.connectionlab.com Dirk (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Can I interface the Handy board to a PC to run there the robot's brain? —Joe Marie J. Maja
   (...) I've tried their product before - the company is once the DVP.com. And it cannot transmit at 9600 baud which they tried to claim using their crystal caps. And the CS is not really that good. I am not quite sure now since it has a new name - (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)