 Robotics / Handy Board / 719
    Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Mike Ross
   Well, I finally broke it. My Handyboard has been a true workhorse, so forgiving of my newbie errors, until now. Mine has a 9.6V Nicad in the case. When I tried to fire it up last, the battery was low so I plugged in the 12V DC supply line from the (...) (28 years ago, 28-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Fred G. Martin
   the hb has a diode to protect against reverse polarity at the coax jack on board. maybe you just blew your config register. the ic manual for the hb has instructions on using the downloaders to reburn the config. fred (28 years ago, 28-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Mike Ross
   (...) Do those two boards (Hboard and I/F) have differing requirements of the transformer charge plugs, as the schematics indicate? I have so many wall-warts around, DC and AC, but they all have the return line on the outside. Perhaps it doesn't (...) (28 years ago, 29-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Fred G. Martin
   (...) see the FAQ for an answer to this. (...) did you put the downloader in EEPROM mode before downloading config0c? -Fred (28 years ago, 30-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Mike Ross
   (...) Fred, I use dl on a DOS 286, which does the CONFIG register automatically I thought. In any case, I tried using dl -eeprom config0c.s19, with the same results. The dl of pcode_hb.lis runs nominally, but the LCD remains all black across the top (...) (28 years ago, 5-Sep-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Prabal Dutta
     Hi Mike, I'm still out here. Let me know how I can be of assistance. - Prabal (...) (28 years ago, 5-Sep-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Charge polarity on each board opposite? —Fred G. Martin
   (...) right; randy sargent's dl does automatically check the config and burn it if it's wrong. so your config is probably okay. (...) wait; you mean "pcode_hb.S19," right? when it downloads it doesn't give any errors? but the pcode still won't run. (...) (28 years ago, 5-Sep-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)