 Robotics / Handy Board / 7078
  Re: HandyBoard Charging

do you have the recommended 12v, 500 ma DC adapter? if not, that explains it. if so, sometimes when the batt is fully charged, you don't get much in trickle charge mode and the light is off. but usually you should see the light being lit dimly. are (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

Well I bought an assembled board from Gleason Research and I've been using the DC adapter that came with the board. The charging leds light up only when the Handyboard on? Is there something special I need to do to run the board on batteries? Is (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

ok, you have the stock adapter. like i said, sometimes the batt does get fully charged and then not enough current flows in trickle-charge to light the LED. but that's normal, so it doesn't sound like there is actually a problem. a simple way to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

Danny, Since you imply that your battery does not take any charge at all, it sounds to me as though your problem is: (1) fuse F1 is open, or (2) a cell in your battery pack is open, or (3) one of the battery wires or its associated PCB land is open. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

Okay, I'll try it. Do I need to have the DC adapter plugged in to the (...) th (...) the (...) bei (...) pow (...) off (...) a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

no, to do the battery run-down test, you must not have it plugged in! otherwise you'd just be powering it from the adapter, and you'd never run out of juice. so, the steps are: 1. bootload your HB with pcode_hb.s19. you should see the Interactive C (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

Danny ... does your HB work when it is NOT connected to the serial board or the charger? - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)