 Robotics / Handy Board / 7068
Re: Video Transmitters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:35:22 GMT

[glashan] spake unto the ether:

I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this:
Im looking for a cheap video transmitter or circuit diagram. Ive got a small
board camera on my bot and I need to find some way of sending the video to
my TV.
I dont want to go out and spend thousands on this, so I'm just looking for a
short range device.

JDR Microdevices (http://www.jdr.com) sells a $25 short-range VHF
TV transmitter kit.  It's all analog, so there is some drift with warmup and
it needs a very stable power supply, but otherwise it works great.  The
observer robot in our Egg Hunt contest, Cambot, is equipped with one.  It
broadcasts on Channel 4 to a widescreen TV; the spectators love it.

It *is* a kit, so you need to solder about 20 components to the
single-sided board.  It has full schematics and troubleshooting, etc.

*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any other