 Robotics / Handy Board / 6487
Re: 19200 serial link / IC site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:18:38 GMT

Martin Frischherz wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible to change the speed of the serial line to 19200?
I need to communicate with a device which has a fix 19200 setting!

Whoa! Somebody slap me if I'm wrong, but I thought the HB was incapable
of using speeds far above 9600. If it's not, then I've been wasting
time. The only thing I could think of doing is building a data buffer,
but it seems like that would need a minimum setup of a y-gated serial
line with a microcontroller to control data flow. Keep this question on
line, or CC me the details if a better solutions found. I'd be
interested.

Also, I was going to build a website on my schools server for IC and C
code, as well as tips (lego or otherwise). I'd build a CGI interface
(assuming my school will let me) that would post code with a bit of
information about what it does. Much better that going to an FTP site
only to find out that you don't exactly know what cfrond.c actually
does, and there's nothing to tell you.

This would be work in an already tight schedule, so I won't bother if
nobody's interested. I've gotten a couple of replies, but only a couple.
If you're interested and would use such a site and/or submit code, email
me off list. If I get more than 10 or so, I'll do it. A good code
archive would be really usefull to everyone.
--
"You have changed your mind.
Restart Windows for changes to take effect."