 Robotics / Handy Board / 6523
Re: HB Serial line speed change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:43:03 GMT

Is it possible to change the speed of the serial line to 19200?
I need to communicate with a device which has a fix 19200 setting!

You can communicate at higher baud rates (19200 or 38400) on an 8MHz 68HC11
if you disable SCI and use software "bit-bashing" routines.

I have enclosed examples of such routines in sw_baud.s11 file. Setting the
BIT_TIME to 52 or 104 allows you to communicate either at 38400 or 19200.
Code has been written for GNU as6811 so
certain adjustments may be required to compile with IC tools.

Regards,
Peter Gasparik