 Robotics / Handy Board / 643
    piggyback pentium/powerPC —Allen Ambler
   I realize that what I'm asking for is hardly cheap, but I'd like to piggyback some real computing power with the handy board. Can anyone suggest components for: - a small low-power pentium/powerPC with min 32MB RAM and a pair of serial (...) (28 years ago, 7-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: piggyback pentium/powerPC —Tom G. Brusehaver/Consultant Euler Solutions
     (...) Pentium and low power can hardly be used in the same sentence. (...) If someone wants to design a piggyback 32 bit machine for the handy board, I will suggest the 68360. It is really powerful, and has all the glue logic in it for several megs (...) (28 years ago, 7-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: piggyback pentium/powerPC —MAR ERICSON
   (...) Try looking for embedded PC systems. The motherboard are sometimes roughly the size of the HB. You may have to buy controller board also to drive a hard drive or a Solid state disk. Expensive stuff! The good thing about some embedded systems (...) (28 years ago, 12-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)