 Robotics / Handy Board / 672
Re: piggyback pentium/powerPC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 00:45:11 GMT

I realize that what I'm asking for is hardly cheap, but I'd like
to piggyback some real computing power with the handy board.  Can
anyone suggest components for:

  - a small low-power pentium/powerPC with min 32MB RAM
    and a pair of serial communications ports

  - preferably it would share a battery with the handyboard

  - everything else is optional

The small and low-power are important.  Ideally I would like to find a
board not much bigger than the handy board.  Thanks for any pointers
you can give me.

Try looking for embedded PC systems. The motherboard are sometimes roughly the size of the HB. You may have to buy controller board also to drive a hard drive or a Solid state disk. Expensive stuff! The good thing about some embedded systems is that , not only do they consume less power, but they also use +5 v. (Instead of that +12, +5, -5, -12 configuration. You really have to look for the proper system components)