 Robotics / Handy Board / 5999
    Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —Gary Livick
   Another solution to this which is easier but more expensive is to use the output of the motor driver chip to drive solid state relays. You need the relays that use 5 volts for control and that will switch DC. The relays I use have flyback diodes in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —MAR ERICSON
   I wonder if this would last since a relay is mechanical and I would assume that it would wear with all that "switching". Doe anyone have any experience with this? Thanks. ---...--- ericson mar Robotics Consultant mar@cooper.edu (212)353-4356 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —K.L.McKinnon
   Haven't actually tried it, but I was thinking of the same sort of thing. Use a FET for PWM and a DPDT relay for direction. practically speaking, if you only switched the relay when the FET was off, no power transition, etc.... If your 'bot moves (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —Gary Livick
   Howdy, My original suggestion was to use *solid state* relays. They don't have any contacts. I use them plugged right into my Rug Warrior board at the motor output ports (would work the same on my Handy Board, but I have it on a smaller base, and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —MAR ERICSON
   So that's like $28 for the H excluding the protecting circuitry? How much did this setup cost for both motors? ---...--- ericson mar Robotics Consultant mar@cooper.edu (212)353-4356 Department of Mechanical Engineering The Cooper Union for the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard —Gary Livick
   Total cost for both, $56.00. Smaller ones are cheaper. Again, the advantage is convenience, not cost. These pulg right into the motor driver output ports on either the Handy Board or the Rug Warrior with the L293D left in place, and take no other (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)