 Robotics / Handy Board / 5909
  Help needed!

Hi, I have assembled my recently bought Handy Board kit and have run into major problems: In paragraph 6.0.5 of the assembly manual, the Handy Board is tested for the microprocessor and memory circuits. After powering up the board and running IC (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed!

MSMKatz wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Marc, I wonder if the hardware is perfectly ok, but you're inadvertently attempting to load the wrong software. I'm not sure where your lib_hs.lis came from or why IC automatically loads it, but I think it might be (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed!

(...) Marc, First of all, using IC, or probably any form of programming, takes patience. If you mess around with IC3.2 long enough, you will eventually get it to run. Try messing with port speeds, etc. There is nothing wrong with your Handy Board! (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed!

I had a similar problem and had to try a different serial port. I have a serial mouse and the board will only work properly in com 1. If I try com 2, I get similar problems to yours keith (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed!

(...) DOING! Yeah, now that you mention it, I had the same problem when I got my HB. Took me about a week before I got around to trying COM1. That fixed it, so I left it that way and forgot about it long ago. At the time, no one on the list had any (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed!

If you're having problems getting your HB to work on one serial port but it works on another, you might want to check for IRQ conflicts. By default, Com1 and Com3 both are assigned IRQ3, and Com2 & Com4 are both assigned IRQ4. So if you have a modem (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)