 Robotics / Handy Board / 5890
    HB Memory —Stefano Falconetti
   Excuse me, I have not yet my hb and I'd like to know how much memory has it (max size). Thanks Stefano Falconetti (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: HB Memory —Gary Livick
     Stef, The HB comes with a 32K ram chip addressed at $8000 and above. A fair amount of this space is taken up with the Pcode interpreter if you run Interactive C, but there is still lots of room left for programs. Good luck, Gary Livick (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Robot Mapping —michael lang kee
   Hello, I am working on an autonomous mobile robot. Which has a sonar and infared sensor incorporated into it. Right now it can avoid objects, by sensing it and backing up and turning. I want my robot to take the information from the sensors and map (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Robot Mapping —Chen Yung Hsu
     I would also like to know about this. please cc any info to me too. =) chen (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        RE: Robot Mapping —Ted Mylenbusch
     Check this reference out: "Autonomous Agent Map Construction in Unknown Enclosed Environments", Keith L. Doty and Steven L. Seed, Machine Intelligence Lab, DEE, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL and Chapter 10 of: "Sensors for Mobile Robots, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Robot Mapping —Steve Chamberlin
   (...) I've been thinking about this too. The problem as I see it is that without some shaft encoders on the wheels, your robot doesn't really know how far it's moved, and therefore where it is in the map. If you power on the forward motor for 2 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)