 Robotics / Handy Board / 5742
5741  |  5743
Subject:
Could IR ranging sensors be used with Rug Warrior board as well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 23:19:40 GMT

Hello all:

I have to ask this question: I am using a Rug Warrior Pro board and
handyboard. Could the Sharp GP2d02 or the Hamatmtsu P5507 be used on the
Rug Warrior as well.

More specifically :

What are the voltage requirements of these two?
What are their ranges?
How narrow is the beam?
How many I/O ports does each require?
Why would I choose one of these over sonar ranging?

Any help concerning these questions will be deeply appreciated.