 Robotics / Handy Board / 5682
    Working with Legos —Max Davies
   I have found a simple way to attach non-Lego motors to Lego components. I just use a band clamp as is used in plumbing to tighten the motor against two Lego axles. There is a picture and further details to show how this works at (URL) anyone else (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Working with Legos —Will Bain
     (...) That's an excellent suggestion. Thanks, Max. There are many other tips on Lego robot construction techniques in an article titled The Art of Lego Design by Fred Martin. It's available for download from the Handy Board web site: (URL) have been (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Working with Legos —Will Bain
      (...) No problem--here it is: (URL) pretty sketchy, but I hope it helps. -- Will , , __@_/ \_@__ |/ | /__, o @_/ )\ ) ( \ (\/\\, ~~~...~~~ ' ` ~~~...~~~ ` ~~~...~~~ Wendy Parson, If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; Will Bain, if you steal (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

          Re: Working with Legos —Nick Taylor
      Thanks for posting the pics ... great casters! Are you using the pulleys with near the driven wheels to sense wheel rotation? - - - Nick - - - Will Bain wrote: <snip> (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

          Wheel encoders —Will Bain
      (...) Yes, the pulley wheels near the drive wheels were drilled to accomodate 0.1" dia. disk magnets, available at the local hobby shop. The magnets activate the Hall effect magnetic sensors that are tucked away into the chassis (not easily seen in (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Mindstorm hacking program —Chen Yung Hsu
     I heard that someone at MIT created a program that can hack into and advance Lego mindstorm's computer. Does anyone know where i can find this site where i can download the program? =) chen (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Working with Legos —john
     My only tip is to stay away from cyanoacrylics. I used superglue to try to attach a motor to a brick, and it started eating away the brick. Stuck like a champ, but I had red "puss" all over the place. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Working with Legos —Kate
    Some of the sensors that I've used easily attach to the the plates & hlocks with holes using a set of tiny nut, bolts, and washer(s). No damage done to any of the components, and easy to change your mind about where you're going to put it. -kr (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Working with Legos —Max Davies
   I glued a couple of the thin Lego strips to the bottom of my HandyBoard to make it quick and easy to plop the board firmly onto a Lego base yet still have it easily removable. Doing this you must be certain to get the correct Lego spacing, so first (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Working with Legos —Nick Taylor
   The LEGO purists may not approve of this, but it does work well and it makes it relatively easy to use non-LEGO components. You *do* need to be cautious about what type of glue you use. Many glues will not adhere to the LEGO plastic, others will (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)