 Robotics / Handy Board / 5688
Re: Working with Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:15:53 GMT

The LEGO purists may not approve of this, but it does work well and it
makes it relatively easy to use non-LEGO components.  You *do* need to
be cautious about what type of glue you use.  Many glues will not adhere
to the LEGO plastic, others will interact with the plastic and turn it
into non-drying goo.  I usually use two types:  J-B Weld for parts that
will not ever be separated, and Zap-A-Dap-A-Goo for less than permanent
bonds (but this destroys the LEGO part).  I would like to find a "rubber
cement" type glue to use instead of the zapa-dapa stuff.  Any
suggestions?

- - - Nick - - -

Max Davies wrote:
<snip>
I glued a couple of the thin Lego strips to the bottom of my HandyBoard to
make it quick and easy to plop the board firmly onto a Lego base yet still
have it easily removable.
/Max