 Robotics / Handy Board / 5634
Re: electronics question please help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 02:15:24 GMT

Eric - -
You might try shielding the IR sensor ... add successive layers of
"Scotch" tape until you get the desired sensitivity.  I'm using
layers of black plastic trash bags ... it blocks a lot of visible
light, but very little IR.
- - - Nick - - -

Eric Noyau wrote:
<snip>
My version is working but is *way* too sensible: it detect an obstacle from at least a >couple of meters away ;^). I tried changing the two resistances controlling the LED output to >something bigger to limit the current going to the LEDs with no noticable changes in >detection range. Any suggestion to get this thing less sensible would be appreciated.

-- Eric