 Robotics / Handy Board / 5633
Re: L.E.D. question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 01:39:55 GMT

Typical drop across an LED is about 1.45v.  A unit rated at 5v likely
has a build in voltage drop/current limiter (read resistor).  I would
suggest reading the info sheet for absolute ratings.
In general, 'any' generic LED will work.  Buy the cheapest that will
fit.

Ken McKinnon

Steve Wall wrote:

What are the L.E.D. voltage ratings for the L.E.D's on the interface
board I purchased one(at Radio shack) with a rating of five volts.
Which should be O.K right? any help would be appreciated. I have to
improvise to get such components cheap.

Thanx in advance

Steve Wall
Sir Sandford Fleming college