 Robotics / Handy Board / 5608
5607  |  5609
Subject:
Sharp Ir and Eltec 442 Pyro detector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:36:35 GMT

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone of you could help me. I'm trying to
connect a hacked version of a Sharp GP1U58Y Ir detector(hacked so it is
now analog instead of digital) to the HB so as I could use it for Ir
Proximity sensing or distance measurement. Problem is whenever I do try
to connect it to any of the analog inputs of the HB, I always get the
same reading of 255 but it works fine as a stand alone. I tested it by
connecting it to a breadboard, V = 5 same as the HB, and I connected the
output to a digital VOM, the VOM would give me output voltage readings
that are proportional to the distance of an object placed in front of
the Ir detector meaning that there is nothing wrong with the detector.
I'm also trying to connect an Eltec 442 pyro detector to the HB with no
luck at all at making it work. The HB gives out the same reading of 255.
Any help would REALLY be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

                                                F. Samonte