 Robotics / Handy Board / 5628
  electronics question please help

Hello all, I hope there is a simple answer for this... I have attempted to build the circuit that will allow IR object detection using the Sharp IR detector module and a pair of "high output" infrared LEDs. The circuit I built was the one from (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: electronics question please help

Bob - - Here is a link to the 74HCT04 data sheet: (URL) that this helps. - - - Nick - - - Bob Kelly wrote: <snip> (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Visual Basic and parallel port

i know that this doesn't really have anything to do with the handyboard but has anyone tried to access the computer's parallel port with visual basic? =) chen (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: electronics question please help

(...) Been there, done that! Funny. I bought almost all the same stuff from my local shack. Writting the software was the easy part ;^). (...) I've supplied some power to the inverter, yes. I'm assuming it's mandatory to have the inverter actually (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: electronics question please help

Eric - - You might try shielding the IR sensor ... add successive layers of "Scotch" tape until you get the desired sensitivity. I'm using layers of black plastic trash bags ... it blocks a lot of visible light, but very little IR. - - - Nick - - - (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: electronics question please help

The modulation frequency of the IR diodes must match the sensor (depending on exact part number, around 38 KHz) within +/- 3 KHz. As you move away from the center frequency, detection drops off sharply. Are you able to confirm the modulation (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)