 Robotics / Handy Board / 5616
  Re: Shaft encoder sensors...

Kathy, Digi-Key has three kinds. The first two look like the "Mobile Robots" type: QRB1114QT-ND $1.58 QRB1134QT-ND $2.83 The third one looks like a much more compact arrangement: QRD1114QT-ND $1.50 These are on Page 552 of the January-March catalog. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  20 X 4 L.C.D Screen?

I put in an e-mail yesterday about using a different L.C.D, I made a mistake and said it was a 20 X 8 I meant a 20 X 4. I thought that there was a way to use a 20 X8 L.C.D instead of a standard 16 X 2. My question is is this possible, I thought I (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Battery options?

I was wondering what are my options for the HB battery. Would it be possible for me to get 2 battery holders each carrying 4 cells each and fill them with regular NiCad cells say, The one's they have at radio shack? Would this be a viable options to (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Battery options?

(...) Should work fine. If you use the "Zap" charge mode, make sure the NiCad's are designed to work on fast charging. Some are, some aren't. Also, make sure you buy them and dispose of them as a set. If you start mixing and matching NiCad's, you'll (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)