 Robotics / Handy Board / 5528
    Sonar and RF Modem questions
   HB fans, A few questions for ya ... I just received my polaroid 6500 sonar module from wirz. Cool little gadget. I have the HB expansion board from gleason. Installation looks pretty straightforward with the expansion board, since the pins on the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar and RF Modem questions —Tom Brusehaver
     (...) I am using the expander board, and no, I don't have any extra caps. (...) It looks like a PVC coupler, maybe cut in half. Could be an end cap, but then there would have to be foam inside to prevent ringing. These can be purchased at many (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar and RF Modem questions —Nick Taylor
     (...) <snip> (...) standard battery source ... but since I was soldering on the Polaroid board anyway, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to add it. Do be *sure* to add the 0.1 uF cap at C7 as per: (URL) (...) Since most of my constructions are LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar and RF Modem questions —Keith Hearn
   (...) <snip> (...) I just took a look at the Linx site, and while perusing the fine print at the end of the price list came across this: "Linx requires the purchase of an evaluation kit prior to the sale of individual modules to any customer. This (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)