 Robotics / Handy Board / 5079
    RE: hexipod walker —Wijngaarde, Ronald
   I believe the best thing to do is use separte controlers (e.g. PICs) to control the specific motions of the servo's. This will allow you to have more control over the HB. There are several places on the web (e.g. (URL) where you can find info on (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Thomas Hauri
   Timing 12 servos with the HB could be done. So far we are using 8 servos which don't use much cpu resources at all. But 1 compare output can only time 8 servos because of the servos timing requierments without using a lot of cpu time. So a second (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Ray Tang
   COOL! How do you control 8 servos? I have the expansion board and there are only 6 servo connections there. What other port did you use to control the other 2 servo? Or do you use the expansion board at all? I am looking for a way to add two more (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Rien Matthijsse
     Have a look a (URL) is my hobby robotics site. Currently I have a Hexwalker running with a HB. The 12 servo's are simply controller by a PIC 16F84. This PIC is controlled by the HB through an async interface. This makes it lightweight on the HB, so (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: hexapod walker —Nick Taylor
      (...) An excellent site Rien! I hope you get the SPO256 code and diagram posted soon. Thanks, - Nick - (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: hexipod walker —Ray Tang
      Thanks for the tip! I am new to this, and I am really anxious to build robot with legs. I don't know much about PIC (yeah, what does that stand for anyway? :-p), but knowing that PIC is what I need, I can at least get start on finding books on (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Adam Oliver
   Personally I use a Scott Edwards Serial Servo Controller (model 1, there is a new one out now) - SSC. On the handyboard web site is a program to control this serial device from the handyboard, which means you can just set each leg position and let (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Chen Yung Hsu
   where would i get a SSC? (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hexipod walker —Barry Brouillette
   Scott Edwards Electronics web site is: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)