 Robotics / Handy Board / 5081
Re: hexipod walker
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:18:26 GMT

12 servo's will heavily tax the HB resources.

Ronald Wijngaarde

----------
From:         r.farnhill@bssl.co.uk[SMTP:r.farnhill@bssl.co.uk]
Sent:         vrijdag 8 januari 1999 11:30
To:   handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject:      hexipod walker

Hi all

Iam thinking about making a six legged walking robot using servos and
wondered if anybody has already built one.
I want to use two servos per leg one for lifting and another for the
sweeping action so giving 12 in total. One thing i want to know is how
do
you control twelve servos? i have seen some serial servo controllers
that
control upto 256, is  it possible to control them with just the
handyboard.
also does the HB have enough proccessing power to control all these
servos
and still have enough spare for obstical avoidance etc.

Any thoughts, tips etc.

Thanks Russ....