 Robotics / Handy Board / 7397
Re: hexipod walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:44:07 GMT

    Thanks for the tip!  I am new to this, and I am really anxious to build
robot with legs.  I don't know much about PIC (yeah, what does that stand
for anyway? :-p), but knowing that PIC is what I need, I can at least get
start on finding books on programming a PIC...
    I have an off-topic question: I don't know much about DMM/Oscilloscope
and I am looking for one.  I found one I think it will working for me
(without spending too much money, and I just need it for checking the
HandyBoard and stuff), and I was wondering if you know anything about them.
    Thanks!

--

                                                            Ray

Rien Matthijsse <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message
Have a look a http://robotics.dhs.org

This is my hobby robotics site.

Currently I have a Hexwalker running with a HB.

The 12 servo's are simply controller by a PIC 16F84. This PIC is controlled
by the HB through an async interface.
This makes it lightweight on the HB, so it can do more usefull things than
moving legs :)
So no expansion board, just one digital pin on the HB !!!

The PIC software even allows for speedcontrolled leg movement, to make it
less chunky and very smooth.
The PIC code you can download from the above mentioned site for free

Have fun
Rien