 Robotics / Handy Board / 4494
Re: cannot communicate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:57:05 GMT

you are using the wrong kind of RJ11 cable.  See the FAQ question

  http://el.www.media.mit.edu/projects/handy-board/faq/index.html#rj11

under the heading "The R11 on my Interface/Charger board is smoking
hot and is turning black!  What is wrong?"

Always check the FAQ, there is a lot of good stuff in there,
Fred

In your message you said:
Hello All,

My handy board will not communicate with the host computer.
When I connect the phone cable the  charge  led#14 lights bright, and
resistor #r11 gets real hot.

I have a v2x compass on the robot and program already loaded and it works
ok.

Any help would be appreciated .

            Thanks in advan • ce
               Terry P. •  Gathright