 Robotics / Handy Board / 4365
Re: bootstrap mode in assembling the HB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:05:35 GMT

yes, RP4 is four isolated resistors, and this being part of the serial
line circuit, definitely explains your problem if you are using the
common-terminal style.

you can just install four 1K resistors if you don't have the correct
r-pack handy.

fred

In your message you said:
hi
At present I am up to section 4.4, "serial line and stop switch".

I have  installed all the components as per the section but when testing by a • pplying power
and holding down the stop switch, the HB will not go into bootstrap mode. I h • ave not
connected the interface board yet.

Every thing else has tested ok up to this section, including getting 2MHz clo • ck measured
via an O/scope.

On closer inspection of the electronic catalogs, I notice there are a number • of
configurations avaliable for resistor packs, ie RP4.

The two main rpacks seem to be all resistors commoned on one leg and brought • out on a pin,
or separate resistors moulded inside a rpack.

I have installed the commoned pin type.

Looking at the circuit diagram it appears the separate resistors is the confi • guration I
require. Is this correct?

thanks in advance
steve t
adelaide