 Robotics / Handy Board / 4360
Re: Bootstrap download mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:14:33 GMT

see if you can get it to go into download mode when you don't have the
phone cable plugged in.  if this works, then you have some kind of
probl with your serial connection.  make sure you have a normal modem
cable, and a telephone style RJ11 cable (see the FAQ).

fred

In your message you said:

Hi
    I have been trying to get the HB into bootstrap mode without much
    success. Following the instructions in the manual, I held down the
    STOP button while turning on the HB. The red and green LEDs were
    supposed to turn on for a short period of time and then turn off
    completely. However, no matter how much I try, the green LED remained
    on (from the moment I connected the battery packs to the HB) and the
    red LED wasn't even on for this whole period. I'm really at my wits
    end now. Can someone help me out?

    Btw, I'm using using ICwin 3.1 . I have the MS-Dos version of 2.8 (i
    think) too.

thanks,
Edmund

PS. what is the red PWR LED on the serial interface board for?