 Robotics / Handy Board / 4364
4363  |  4365
Subject:
bootstrap mode in assembling the HB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 10:43:39 GMT

hi
At present I am up to section 4.4, "serial line and stop switch".

I have  installed all the components as per the section but when testing by applying power
and holding down the stop switch, the HB will not go into bootstrap mode. I have not
connected the interface board yet.

Every thing else has tested ok up to this section, including getting 2MHz clock measured
via an O/scope.

On closer inspection of the electronic catalogs, I notice there are a number of
configurations avaliable for resistor packs, ie RP4.

The two main rpacks seem to be all resistors commoned on one leg and brought out on a pin,
or separate resistors moulded inside a rpack.

I have installed the commoned pin type.

Looking at the circuit diagram it appears the separate resistors is the configuration I
require. Is this correct?

thanks in advance
steve t
adelaide