 Robotics / Handy Board / 3852
    important update to Handy Board standard libraries. —Fred G. Martin
   Hi all, There has been a bug lurking in the Handy Board standard library files since the dawn of time (well, 1996, when the HB got started). The bug can happen when you are using multi-tasking, and more than one IC task is performing analog sensor (...) (26 years ago, 20-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: important update to Handy Board standard libraries. —Jun Nolasco
     Fred, How does the fix affect IC3.2? Jun Nolasco nolasco@inx.net (...) (26 years ago, 20-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: important update to Handy Board standard libraries. —Fred G. Martin
     (...) you should download and install the new lib files. fred (...) (26 years ago, 20-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: important update to Handy Board standard libraries. —Skye Legon
     Will this new lib_hb.c also replace the Smooth PWM lib_hb.c released by Newton Labs? It appears not. What is the easiest way to consolidate the Smooth PWM routines with your improved analog code? Cheers, Skye. +---...---+---...---+ | Skye Legon | (...) (26 years ago, 20-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: important update to Handy Board standard libraries. —Fred G. Martin
     (...) You must manual consolidate the new driver with the smooth-pwm libraries. To consolidate, 1. edit the smooth-pwm lib_hb.c, and remove the function "_raw_analog()", 2. install the new lib_hb.icb file in your IC lib directory (this contains the (...) (26 years ago, 20-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Question about Sharp IR demodulators —Paul E. Rybski
   Hi everyone, First, sorry for the blank message just now -- hit the send button instead of the cancel. I'm working on a project where I've got robots hunting targets equipped with a 40 kHz oscillator circuit which is continuously pulsing an IR LED. (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Question about Sharp IR demodulators —Bill Richman
   I had a similar experience, except that all my IR demodulators were from Radio Shack; two were some I'd gotten in a "grab bag" quite a few years ago, and the others were brand new. The original one reacted to 40KHz the way you describe yours doing - (...) (26 years ago, 11-Jun-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)