 Robotics / Handy Board / 375
  sonar modules

How well do the Polaroid sensors everyone's using work? Do they require much external circuitry or any modifications to the handy board? I'm interested in them since I'm finally managing to get a nice working robot going... (Yeah everyone, I (...) (28 years ago, 29-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar modules

Hi Jeff, The Polaroid sensors work pretty darn well. I've been able to get 1" resolution from 8" to 130"++ (reportedly they work to 35 ft - my room's not big enough to try this out). I was able to get mine working in about 10 minutes. Basically, (...) (28 years ago, 29-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar modules

(...) Where does it get it's power from? The handy board? I just might go out and buy one of these, since I'm getting tired of my robot smashing into walls! :-) (28 years ago, 29-Apr-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)