 Robotics / Handy Board / 3163
3162  |  3164
Subject:
[Q] power supply for polaroid sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:37:35 GMT

In the Handyboard homepage under 6500 polaroid sonar libraries, there is a
great illustration (BRAVO!) that depicts the connections from the HB to
the module that operates the sonar itself.  The power supply to the module
(which should be around +5V) is connected via the motor power supply
hookup with 6 diodes in series to reduce the 9V to the required range.

My question is: can I use any +5V / ground connection on the HB
instead of the motor power supply  (Our supply is an external one and
uses almost 30V and rather than connecting 30-some diodes in series... you
get the point) ???

Also, Can I use D2 and D3 to control a second sonar module without too
many changes?

Thank you,

Yoni Garbourg