 Robotics / Handy Board / 3164
3163  |  3165
Subject:
annual MIT "6.270" LEGO Robot Competition is Jan 28th!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:52:43 GMT

Hello everyone,

This year's MIT LEGO Robot Design Competition will be on Wednesday,
January 28, 1998, in MIT room 26-100.  All are welcome to attend this
free event, and kids are especially encouraged to come!

Please see the URL

<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=room_26-100&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none&locate=none>

for a map of MIT buildings showing building 26, room 100.

  (If that URL doesn't work, start at
  <http://whereis.mit.edu/doc/locate.html>, find the "Classrooms"
  pick-list, choose "26-100," and then click on the adjacent "Locate"
  button.)

The easiest way to find 26-100, if you're not familiar with the MIT
campus, is to begin at the grand entrance of the 77 Massachusetts
Avenue dome, and walk straight in, through buildings 7, 3, 10, 4, and
8 (the "Infinite Corridor").  When building 8 ends, you can go
outside, turn left, or turn right.  Take the left, walking down a set
of stairs and into building 16 and then into building 26.  26-100 is a
big lecture hall with doors on the right, which is the only room on
the ground floor of building 26.

The official start time of the contest is 6:00 pm, but YOU MUST ARRIVE
BETWEEN 4:30 AND 5:00 PM IF YOU WANT TO SIT.  Street parking should be
available at that hour on Mass Ave, Memorial Drive, or any of the
neighboring side streets.

If you're making a family outing of it, my advice is to show up no
later than 4:30, drop the advance party off at the Mass Ave entrance
to get in and hold seats, and then have the remaining party park the
car and show up with pizza and soda.  (A good local pizza joint is
Hi-Fi Pizza, 617/492-4600, located about 6 blocks up on the left at
496 Mass Ave.)

Hope to see you there!

Fred