 Robotics / Handy Board / 3162
3161  |  3163
Subject:
HB web site design changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:18:40 GMT

Hi all,

Those of you running Internet Explorer on Windows 95 or NT have
probably noticed that the table of links running down the left column
is hard to read -- light blue (or purple) links on a medium blue
background.

Those links are supposed to be white, but for some reason MS in its
infinite wisdom decided that the FONT COLOR= tag can not override link
colorization.  Never mind that IE on the Mac and Netscape allow
coloring of individual text links.

One solution is to colorize all the text links on a page, but I don't
like that answer.

So I'm field-testing graphical buttons for the left-column
navigation.  This is still a frames-less approach which should make
navigation simple and clear.

I've installed the proposed design in the Software area of the web
site.  I'd appreciate any feedback about the design, especially from
users who have noticed poor link visibility.  Just go to:

  <http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/software/>

and let me know how it looks.  Thanks.

Fred