 Robotics / Handy Board / 2938
    Shaft Encoders —David W. Kammer
   We are interested in connecting two shaft encoders to the wheels of our Handy Board - controlled mobile robot and use the ICW encoder instructions. Does anyone know of a good source of encoders? Is there anyone willing to share your experience with (...) (27 years ago, 5-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Shaft Encoders —ED Spike, E&CE Dept.
   On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, David W. Kammer wrote: We are interested in connecting two shaft encoders to the wheels of our (...) You did not give specifications! Degrees/pulse (optical) or degrees/volt (resistor or LVDT), Speed maximum, Shaft size, and etc. (...) (27 years ago, 6-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Shaft Encoders —Mike Downey
   Has anyone used an comercial optical encoder to monitor wheel velocity on their robot? Most of the ones i have seen use between 100 and 500 pulses/rev. This is a lot for the little software driven encoder routines to keep up with. I was just (...) (27 years ago, 6-Nov-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)