 Robotics / Handy Board / 2910
2909  |  2911
Subject:
serial interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:33:54 GMT

I am interested in using the handyboard platform to do online robot
learning on a unix platform.  I would like to have my learning program
(written in ansi C and compiled with gcc) running on a unix machine
sending motor commands and receiving sensor readings through the
serial line.  I have looked at the serial code provided on the
handyboard web page: serialio.c, conio.c, and debug_serialio.c.  These
seem to provide the backbone needed to do this, but do not include
mechanisms to command the motors or read the sensors.

Previously using the miniboard I was able to set up such an interface
by sending commands on the serial line that mimiced the monitor
program.  Should I use the same technique for the handyboard?  If so,
is there documentation available on the mon program?  Specifically I
would need to know the addresses of the motors and sensors.

Thanks, Lisa

--
Lisa Meeden **610-328-8618** Changed for sabbatical
Computer Science Program meeden@cs.swarthmore.edu