 Robotics / Handy Board / 2909
Re: Female strip headers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:26:17 GMT

Jonathan Swaby wrote:

Mouser has no minimum and charges you the actually shipping
costs.  Tech America and Digikey have inflated shipping
charges...

One thing to watch out for with Mouser is that they have often split up my
orders and shipped it from two or more locations, charging me the shipping for
all the packages.  I have ordered 10 pieces of something and they have shipped
9 from one warehouse and a single part from a second so that I ended up with a
package that had more shipping costs than the value of the items inside.

When you order from Mouser be sure to ask if they will be sending all the
items in one package, or if not, would they pay the additional shipping.  I
have had quite a few messed up orders from Mouser; but in fairness when ever I
have talked to their customer service they have always done what ever I've
asked to make me happy, including reimbursing me for any shipping costs I
didn't think I should have to pay.  They once shipped me a whole *case* of
solder rather than the one roll I had ordered, and it was a 2nd day air order.
You can imagine what the shipping was!  When I called them, they didn't
question me at all, but reimbursed me for the all the shipping charges, and
arranged for the shipper to come by and pick up the case of solder.

I can't ever remember Digikey messing up a single order.

Later,

    Rick