 Robotics / Handy Board / 2892
2891  |  2893
Subject:
Serial Device Interfacing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:05:10 GMT

OK Newbie Allert !!!

I'm looking at the Handy Board as a major step up from the Basic Stamp 2,
but I need to be able to send out serial messages from the digital outputs.
On the BS2 it is declared as a ShiftOut instruction.

It will be used to control a LM197x digital Attenuator which has a 3 wire
serial interface.

Is it possible to wiggle the output lines in such a way ?  Any hints ?

Slipping gently into a flameproof overcoat, with matching cheeky beret.

TIA Bill.

Bill Coghill     Mobile +44 (0)410 509 738
Alternative Audio, Edinburgh Phone/Fax +44 (0)131 225 1986
WWW : http://www.Ednet.co.uk/~bill_altaudio/ (I'm working on it !)
     "No Try, just Do or Not Do " - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back