 Robotics / Handy Board / 2893
2892  |  2894
Subject:
Error in bootstrap mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:12:23 GMT

Dear Sir

I start a Handy Board assembly and till now my board
has passed the following steps :

Microprocessor Power Circuitry   ---- Passed
Voltage Monitor Chip             ---- Passed
Microprocessor and Oscillator Circuit ---- Passed

The problem focused at the Serial Line and Stop
Switch. I apply power to the board and it normally
turns on with the LED10G (PWR) light on . I hold down
the STOP switch and turn the power on , the BATT led
cycles on and then off but the PWR led remains on
instead of turning off which means the 6811 cannot
enter the bootstrap mode .Plase note that the
microcontroller that I use is TOSHIBA TMP68HC11A1T .