 Robotics / Handy Board / 2803
Re: Hardware or software??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 12:37:13 GMT

Also, when I run "hbtest.c"'s testanalogs(), even though I have nothing
hooked up, the last number on the bottom row (I think it is analog 0) is
between 251 and 250, is this a manufacturing error that I should take up
with Gleason, or is it possible to work around this?   For my intended
application (robotics) I probably won't need all 7 inputs and could just
not use the problem, but I'd still like to know if there's something easy I
could do about it.

This is normal. Here is an excerpt from the testing notes:

The Handy Board will display the message ``Press START to test
knob...''  on its LCD screen. Press the START button, and the screen
will show the message ``Turn knob; STOP to end -> xxx,'' where xxx is
the current value of the knob. Turn the knob and the value should vary
with a minimum of zero and a maximum of 255.

Press the STOP button, and the Handy Board will show the message
``Press START to test analog ins.'' Press the button, and the display
will then show a series of seven numbers. They should all be in the
range of 250 to 255.

When you plug in a sensor, the sensor port will work properly.

If when using a motor command, the motor immediately shuts off accompan • ied
by a flash of the BATT LED, is that just an emergency cut off if the motor
draws too much current? BTW, I'm just testing the HB for now, so I have no
load or gearbox on the motor, just letting it run freely.  I guess that's
about it for now, so I look forward to hearing back from youse guys.
Rob Bonstein

You may be using a motor that is too powerful for the Handy Board, or
perhaps your battery is not fully charged.

-Fred

--
This message was composed using Dragon Systems' PowerSecretary,
a Macintosh-based speech-to-text dictation system.  See