 Robotics / Handy Board / 2802
Re: servos going in circles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:44:22 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to built my first robot and I have a question.

I tried to make my robot "to be" move straight.
(I am using the servos routines from the HB web page.)

When I start the servos the robot just goes in circles not straight.

I try flipping one of the servos but that didn't really make any
difference.

Any suggestions why this is happening ???

Hi,

there are two solutions :

1. (the simple one)

The DC motors only seem to be the same but they are not.
Add resistors to one motor until your robot moves straight.
Determining wich motor should be connected to the resistors
must be done by expermiment.

2.

Add a shaft encoder and use a PWM software driver to control
the servo motors.

A good source of information is the book

Jones/Flynn: Mobile Robots: Inspiration to Implementation
AK Peters ISBN 1-56881-011-3

Your problems are discussed in detail here.

Heiko