 Robotics / Handy Board / 2676
Re: Manipulate the LCD in assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:34:50 GMT

At 11:28 PM -0400 on 8/26/97, German Gentile wrote:

Folks,

Ok, I took a look at the code last night.  I found simple errors like not
initializing the stack, addressing variables in RAM chip when in single
chip mode and forgetting to use # for immediate data.  Simple mistakes that
I have made more than my share.  I cleaned it up however, and almost have
it working.  It now seems to initialize the LCD correctly.  I wrote a
routine to output 'A'-'Z' on the screen but instead it prints out:

'@BBDDFFHHJJLLNNPPRRTTVVXXZ'

Simple enough.  Looks like the data line 0 is stuck low.  Nope.  I
immediately opened up interactive C without changing my setup, and it
worked fine.  So what is the issue?  I am very confused.  If anyone is
willing to take a look at the code, please point your web browser to:

http://falcon.arts.cornell.edu/~dnegro/temp/Prueba4.a

or I can mail you the file.

Thank you,
-Dave Negro

P.S.  I seem to remember being frustrated over the same issue while using
my miniboard a long while back.  I can't remember how I fixed it.  Any
ideas.

I have write a code for manipulate the LCD in the handy board.
Because i
can't use a battery backed RAM, i need to write in assembler. Well , i'm
really read all the FAQ for LCD and for Handy board (including the apendix
B for the 6270) .I'm using the rigth for the init and i can't make the LCD
clear or cursor blink... it's simply dead. Obviously, the LCD work in IC.
All i get is the black blocks!!!!!!!!!! Please help me!!!!
I send the code, anyone please take a look.

Thanks friends... ;)

German Pablo Gentile
Systems Engineer. Electronics Expert. (really??? ;>)  )

ggentile@cvtci.com.ar

Attachment converted: Merlin:Prueba4.a (????/----) (0000663C)