 Robotics / Handy Board / 2675
RE: Size Conversions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:08:00 GMT

These sizes refer to the Unified Thread Standard. A 6-32 thread has 32
threads per inch and a nominal outer diameter of 0.138 inches. There are
coarse (UNC) and fine (UNF)  series (and some others that are less common),
as follows:

nom size       major dia        thr/in
                    UNC  UNF

2         0.086          56   64
4         0.112          40   48
6         0.138          32   40
8         0.164          32   36
10        0.190          24   32
12        0.216          24   28
1/4       0.250          20   28

Cheers,
- Mike

----------
From: John Hatton
Subject: Size Conversions
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 1997 8:49AM

I apologize in advance as this question is completely of the list topics
but I hope that somebody will have the answer.

I am currently building a six legged walker using the Handyboard as the
main CPU and using a modified Miniboard using the Servo16 program that I
have mentioned in a previous mail to control the legs.
My question actually relates to the walker construction, I am using the
assembly instructions for the Mekatronix Robobug as a base but the sizes
of the screws, nuts, bolts, etc. are using a format that I haven't seen
before in the UK. The size is in the format of a # (this is a hash
symbol in case the UK layout on my keyboard makes it look otherwise)
followed by a number. I have five different sizes, #2, #4, #6, #6-32,
and #8. If any body knows what these mean in metric or imperial sizes
could they let me know.

I apologize again for this off topic question.
Thanks in advance for any help.

John Hatton
johnha@icsplc.co.uk