 Robotics / Handy Board / 2400
Re: voice synthesis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 13:07:36 GMT

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Jeff Keyzer wrote:

Has anyone been able to set up a voice synthesis circuit with their Handy
Board?  I remember that quite a few years ago, Radio Shack carried a pair
of voice synthesis chips that appeared easy to connect to an 8 bit data bus
or serial line, but my local Radio Shack doesn't carry the chips anymore,
and says that they can't even be special ordered.  Is there still a source

I think your radio shack lied to you.  In just about every radio
shack I have been in I have seen voice sythesis chips along with the othe
IC's.  Maybe they are not exactly the ones you saw in 1988 but they
exsist.  Ask to see a catalog next time you are in the store. I have
found that radio shack is notorious for not understanding what the
customer wants.

Garth Webb